Thursday, January 10, 2013

"I'll Give You The Guts." Jackie Robinson Trailer Stirs Your Emotions


This biopic looks fairly typical.  But I love the Jackie Robinson story, and I love baseball movies despite my complete lack of knowledge for the actual sport.  You've seen a lot of Chadwick Boseman on the boob tube, in shows like Justified, Fringe, and Castle but you've never really seen him act his heart out.  This is his first chance at a real cinematic career.  But what really strikes me about the below trailer is that Harrison Ford actually looks like he's playing a character and not just Harrison Ford.  The man has taken a lot of lumps in the last couple of decades; I'd like to see his later years filled with glorious character work.  And Christopher Meloni, he sure knows how to throw a tantrum.



--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment